Kind of Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 40 min
Servings : 4
One of Australia’s most popular pasta recipes just got a scrumptious plant-based makeover! Make your meat free dinner an easy one, by using MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Veggie Mince.
- ½ packet of MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium sized onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 8-10 basil leaves (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 packet of spaghetti, 500g
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot on medium heat, fry the garlic, onion, celery, carrot, basil and bay leaf in olive oil until fragrant (2 mins).
2. To this, add MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Add tins of crushed tomato along with tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer covered and on low for 30 minutes. If at any time the sauce be-comes too thick or catches at the bottom, add a touch of water.
4. When the sauce is ready, boil your pasta according to pack instructions. Strain and incorporate well. Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.