Roasted Eggplant with Veggie Mince
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 40 min
Servings : 2
Can eggplant get even more veggie? Yes it can, especially when it gets together with MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince, lentils, herbs and is topped off with feta for a delicious, easy plant-based mid-week dinner!
- 1/2 packet of MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince
- 2 medium sized eggplants, cut lengthways
- 1/2 tin of lentils, washed and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary (or 1 tsp dried thyme / oregano)
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (or 1/2 tsp ground cumin)
- Crumbled feta or tahini to serve (optional)
- Mint leaves to garnish
- olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Score the inside of each eggplant half with a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and rub it with your fingers. Alternatively, spray oil also works. Season with salt.
4. Place each eggplant flesh side up on the baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. Keep an eye on them, you want them to soften and just begin to brown.
5. Whilst the eggplants are cooking you can get your stuffing ready. In a medium sized frypan with a little olive oil fry garlic, rosemary and cumin until fragrant.
6. To this, add MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince, lentils and parsley. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or so until liquid has reduced but isn’t dry.
7. Once the eggplants are soft and custardy, use a fork to gently smoosh the flesh inside. Fill each with your lentil mixture and serve with a drizzle of tahini or crumbling of feta and fresh mint.