Spicy Black Bean Meat-Free Quesadillas
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 15 min
Servings : 2
Think a plant-based burger patty can only exist in a bun? Why not a quesadilla? MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers get a Mexican twist, perfect for shaking up your mid-week meat-free dinner. Load up with fresh salsa and guacamole for extra tastiness!
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa
- 3 tablespoons guacamole
1. Prepare Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cool slightly. Crumble.
2. Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place, sprayed sides down, on cutting board. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over half of each tortilla. Top cheese with crumbled burger, corn and salsa. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
3. Heat 25cm nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook quesadillas over medium-low heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Remove from skillet. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Spoon small dollop of guacamole on each wedge.