Prep Time : 25 min
Cook Time : 50 min
Servings : 6
Bursting with cheesy goodness, a simple tomato sauce and MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince, this recipe is packed full of the good stuff. Win over the meatless meal skeptic in your life with this delicious twist on an Italian classic recipe!
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (400g) passata sauce (or just use 2 tins of diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 packet MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince
- 6-8 lasagne sheets, uncooked or fresh
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C, fan forced.
2. In a medium sized pot, add olive oil and garlic, fry until fragrant. To this add in MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince and fry for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add to the pot the tinned tomatoes and passata. Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Spread 1/3 of your tomato mixture in the bottom of a 20 x 30cm baking dish, followed by lasagne sheets and mozzarella. Repeat this process until you finish with tomato and top directly with mozzarella and the parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes.
5. With the remaining 5 minutes, remove the foil and allow the top cheese to become golden.
6. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!