Vegetarian Mushroom Capsicum Burger Recipe
Prep Time : 25 min
Cook Time : 30 min
Servings : 4
Looking for an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy? Try our delicious Vegetarian Mushroom Capsicum Burger, loaded with veggies and finished with our MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger!
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Burgers
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium orange capsicum, stem and seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat seeded buns, split
- 4 slices slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- handful snow pea sprouts
1. Prepare the MorningStar Farms Garden Veggie Burgers according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan combine vegetable broth and garlic. Add mushrooms, capsicum and onion. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened and liquid has evaporated.
3. Top bottoms of seeded buns with cheese slices. Place warm burger on each. Top with vegetable mixture, cucumber and snow pea sprouts. Spoon salad dressing on each. Place bun tops on each. Press each lightly together.